Sourcing and identifying new brands based on the customer target market and demographics, in order to complement the existing brand offering.
Introduction, negotiation and acquisition of new brands for the business from both domestic and international markets.
Commercial negotiation with both new and existing brands ensuring good competitive commercial terms for the business, including negotiation of Trade Discount, Settlement Discount and Sale or Return opportunities in order to increase profitability and maximise sales revenue.
Identify gaps in the existing product or brand offering across categories providing solutions and strategies to support the acquisition of new brands and products categories that are missing in order to maximise sales revenue and increase margins.
Negotiate with key brands and suppliers in order to create exclusive product and brand partnerships for the business, providing PR and marketing opportunities and support.
- Develop a clear brand and buying strategy for the business
- Identify new brands that will complement the existing brand portfolio
- Establish contact with the target brand
- Schedule meeting to present brand strategy and business plans
- Negotiate introduction of brands to the business
- Negotiate and agree commercial terms (trade discount / settlement discount/SOR)
- Agree OTB budgets with the business and prepare financial forecasting for the brand
- Buyer/Consultant to schedule the buying appointment.