Premium fashion brands (eBay, Harvey Nichols, Harrods)
At eBay I identified an opportunity for a more premium fashion brand offering in order to increase sales revenue and acquire a new customer base in the fashion category.
I worked with a team of developers and a digital agency to build the design concept for the website experience. I then devised and delivered a business and brand strategy to eBay to support the acquisition of more premium brands and new customers.
I delivered a premium mobile first website for the business that is now used as the design benchmark for the entire platform and site design changes that are being implemented in the business today.
The eBay homepage has been re-designed and launched to reflect the more premium design aesthetic also.
Harvey Nichols brand strategy (Increased own bought sales revenue by +10%)
My brief at Harvey Nichols, Riyadh was to review the business overall and to make recommendations incorporating brand strategy and buying/merchandising processes, team structure and skill sets.
I developed a clearly defined brand strategy for the women's wear and accessories business, this strategy was focused on both the acquisition and retention of key International Luxury and Contemporary brands, such as:
- Oscar De La Renta
- Stella McCartney
- Matthew Williamson
- Halston Heritage
- Alice and Olivia
- See full brand list
I created a new buying team structure and implemented new processes and procedures in order to maximise profitability.
- Once the brand strategy had been approved by the board, it was my responsibility to acquire the target brands for the business.
- This required me to present a business plan to the brands outlining the brand and business strategy and negotiating commercial terms for the business that were mutually beneficial for both parties.
- Having analysed the customer demographic and market in Riyadh, I also proposed the introduction of a designer children's wear concept to the store which was approved and implemented.
- The brand strategy and introduction of the new children's wear concept in Harvey Nichols, Riyadh delivered double digit growth and increased own bought sales revenue by +10% YoY.
- The women's wear brand strategy increased sales by 20% YoY and improved gross margin significantly, whilst also increasing the end of season sell through performance.